Linq To SQL

May 11, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Edited May 11, 2011 at 6:50 PM

What would it take to take all nHibernate out and use Linq to sql?

May 11, 2011 at 7:10 PM

In fact it's very easy to replace NHibernate with Linq2Sql or Entity framework or any other data storage, because there is a layer of abstraction (database interfaces). You can create assembly which implement all database interfaces and easy replace Nhibernate database assembly to your own.

But I used Linq2Sql and Entity framework before. And I found than NHIbernate is much more powerful ORM. It has more features, great community and documentation.

May 11, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Where are the interfaces,  the ones in the Data project?

May 11, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Edited May 11, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I really like this CMS and I want to use it for a large Project because its basic foundation is there and as I add more stuff I will contribute to it but I would have to either learn more nHibernate or use linq to sql.

Is there going to be a continus development of this CMS ? I hope the project doesnt Die

May 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM

You need to implement

AtomicCms.Common.Data.Contracts interfaces using linq2sql

If you need to know how to implement it using Entity Framework, you can look in source history, I used it before but later complitly rewrite to NHibernate.

But anyway NHIbernate is worth to learn, so if you have time why not

All functionaly than you require you can implement using your own controllers.

The project is not dead, it's not in active development, but I commit some new features from time to time in trunk, but I have not create releases for about 3 months. Project is pretty old, it's 2+ years.

You can get code from SVN it's most recent version and it works fine.

May 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I have the latest version and I really like it, thats why I am hoping there would more development on it.

I'd release what I write/add to the project as well.

I will check out the older version with the Entity.

As far as goes, Entity has some limitations as compared to Linq2Sql. Entity is build on top of Linq To Sql  to support more databases, thats what the MSDN says,

I wonder how much incompatiblity there is between the features you have used to write this in MVC2 and now MVC3

Thanks for your help. I like this CMS, very scalable.